Monday, April 27, 2009

Reid's First Cereal and Race for the Cure

Last Sunday Reid had his first taste of cereal. We had to go but organic cereal because everything else had soy in the ingredients. He seemed to do okay with it. I think the girls had more fun than he did. They were so excited to be able to feed him his first foods. I talked to the pediatrician and she said instead of waiting 3-5 days in between introducing new foods we have to wait 7-10 days from one food to the next after he masters cereal. I do have to admit I did cheat last night after work I had an Oreo cookie but I was needing something chocolate and the cake recipe I got off the Internet was horrible...I mean HORRIBLE. Never ever have to wonder what chocolate covered Eath tastes like again. I am so glad I will be able to check that off my list LOL.Bella did such a great job feeding him. She even cleaned him up between bites. His face was missing the first layer after she was done.Bella seemed to like the cereal.
Abby after she tasted the ceral. She did not like it what so ever. She than got mad I was taking a picture of her not liking the cereal.







We also did Race for the Cure this last Saturday. We walked for my friend Jasmine. The girls walked almost the entire way which is a glorious feet for Bella, my child who does not like to get sweaty. We walked as a family and with some friends. It was wonderful to see how many people turned out for such a great cause.
When trying to explain why we were walking for Mrs. Jasmine, I said she had some bad tissue in her boob they had to take out. She said well mom why are we not walking for you? So than I had to explain that yes mommy had bad tissue in her boob but Mrs. Jasmine's tissue was really bad. So my sweet Bella said "Mom I am going to walk for Mrs. Jasmine and you and me so I don't have bad tissue in my boob someday."
I just love that girl. She is so tender hearted. Always thinking
We came home from the race and took a long much needed nap.
















By the way we found out today that Bella passed her Ballet exams. We are so proud of her. She will get a certificate at the recital this year.

4 comments:

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Cute pictures...so glad Reid can eat cereal!

Congrats to Bella on her exams...that's awesome!

Melody said...

Yeah Bella!

Beth said...

WOW! It must be nice to have all that help feeding Reid. Really sweet/cute pics. Love the race for the cure pics too. Kerri, you family is so adorable...I know you are proud. I cannot believe how big Reid is!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Your little munchkins are adorable! I have a Reed too, different spelling but you don't see the name around too often!