Monday, April 6, 2009

Reid's poop shooter appoinment....

We drove down last night to Little Rock and spent the night so we didn't have to get up early this morning and drive all the way. Which Reid was up from 330 till 5 anyways so technically we could have. Okay here is how our day went:
930 Arrive to GI clinic sign in...no one is in the waiting room and the other names that were on there fancy baord said Not Here and Reid's name said Waiting by it.. Great I thought we will be in and out in no time and than we can maybe do some shopping and get a great lunch (that is dairy free and soy free).
940: They cal us back and a team of three nurses take us in a room. One takes hima nd weighs and measures him the other one asks us 20 questions and the other prints off labels and writes information down. By the way Reid is now 11 lbs and 9 oz. I know small compared to some.
1000: Waiting
1030: waiting I had to pee so bad but I tought surely he will be in here any minute so I will just hold it, I've had to hold it this long before I am good.
1045: STILL WAITING and about to pee my pants
1050: I run to the bathroom......so much relief I can sit now
1100: Pam the nurse comes in and asks us 200 questions. And I of coarse had all my labs already printed off all the dates of all his symptoms when he had what done and how long it lasted. She looked at me and said it looks ike you have already diagnosed him yourself. With a big smile on my face I said well pretty much but we want to make sure. She examined him. She even stuck her finger up his poop shooter which I am supposed to tell everyone that he cried he did not giggle which was a huge relief to David. She teseted his poop for blood and it came back negative
1130: The DR FINALLY comes in takes a look at Reid, does a physical exam. Says it looks like you were right with the ilk and soy allergy but he is young so it wont show up on lab yet because he hasn't built up the histamines. But let us check his poop for blood for the next three weeks and if they stay negative without you eating dairy or soy we will go with that. If they come back positive for blood with me changing my diet that we have to go back and get a sigmoidoscopy and do more labs. So I am back to poop scooping.
1154: My cell phone rings.....who could it be....Bellview...Mrs. Chesnutt I have Isabella in my office and she just threw up in the hallway so we will need someone to come and get her......REALLY.Called my mom and she went and picked Bella up from school.

We got home from Little Rock and Bella was running around and wanting to go outside and play.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I am so glad to hear that you could be the Dr. I am sure you are releived and pray no more blood in the poop over the next 3 weeks.

Lane said...

Thanks for the update yesterday on the phone...sorry I didn't get back to ya! I'm so glad to hear though that it's allergy related. Will keep praying!!

Mary Jo said...

hey! so glad to hear this! Now the hard part is keeping you away from the dairy and soy! I'm sure you've got it down now.