Friday, April 10, 2009

Abby is going to give me gray hair UGGGG

So lets see how my Good Friday actually turned out:
I woke up got the girls hair done for school and sent them out the door with David for the day. I crawled back into bed since I was up most of the night and Reid was asleep. Ahhh silence. The phone rings its David..mmmm Abby doesn't have school today it's Good Friday. Well there goes my restful do whatever I want run errands kind of day.
Abby comes home I st her up in the living rom with TV and a snack by the fire so I can take a shower and get ready while Reid is still asleep.
I jump in the shower, get out put my hair in a towel put my robe on to go check on Abby so the neighbors don't get scared you know. She's not in the living room.....So I call her name ... there is no answer. I look to the garage door and it is open wide along with the garage door being open... OMG.
I run frantically around the house tearing up beds screaming her name and there is no answer. I run outside screaming her name No Answer. (Yes I am wearing JUST my robe at this time still) I run across the street to the neighbors she is not there I go to the next door neighbors she is not there. (I am running with NO BRA) Run back inside I am hysterical at this point crying trying to figure out what she is wearing and thinking that every second counts so I need to go ahead and call the police. It has been 10 minutes now. I dial 911...Ring....
What do my eyes see coming around the corner...A smiling little girl with curls...WHAT....
I hung up the phone scooped her up. She said she was hiding under the pillow beside my bed. I was shacking so hard I couldn't have spanked her if I wanted to.
Needless to say I was thinking I needed a stiff drink by 830 this morning.
Good things that happened: I did find he girls easter shoes, purchased the Easter Bunny gift, picked up ther new beds and got the chandieler for their new room.

Hope your day started off better than mine. Thank God she came out of her hiding spot before I alerted the local media to come film me in my Red Robe...

3 comments:

Lane said...

oh my word Kerri!! How scary! I'm glad she's ok though. Why was the garage door open??

Rachel said...

OMG - This scared me to death!!! I am so glad she was okay!!! I once had to chase the stupid dog down the street, in a robe, towel in hair and a screaming itty bitty Claire in my arms...I wanted to kill the dog!!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Wow...that sounds like something Caiden might try! Thanks for the warning! I'm so glad Abby was fine...what a nightmare! Hang in there!