Monday, September 22, 2008

I am officially THIRTY

As hard as this is to write, I have no choice... I am Thirty today.

Yes, I remember when 30 was old. I thought my birthday would go a little differently than it has this year, but that was last year when I was imagining what it would play out to be. In my dream I wasn't 27 weeks pregnant, David and I were out of town together on a fun get away, not just him on a get away with work.

Oh well, plans change. Today I woke up drove my sweet girls to there two different schools came home and laid in the bed thinking if I could just sleep for an hour I would get up and do something productive. Well, I never went back to sleep so, I picked up chick fi la and surprised Bella at school and had lunch with her.

I than thought for some good reason, I might go shopping and buy myself something.... Nothing fits, so that was a bust. I was about to pee my pants so stopped by my sisters and ended up looking for Halloween costumes for the girls. They would like to be the Pink Ladies from Grease. Since nothing will fit them, I with the help of my mother will be making them.

Than I got a great phone call that would turn my day around. Derek, called to tell me that David had called him and he was at Bedfords buying my camera if I wanted to meet him up there I could. (David was already in big trouble because he had not purchased this already). I got my CAMERA today so I am so excited.





We met my parents for dinner at Cafe Rue Orleans, I thought wow, they rented the whole place out just for me, because it is my day. Not the case. They just aren't that busy.

Melody called after we had gotten home from cheer leading practice and brought me over a cake. Mind you it was chocolate cake and the girls just got out of the bath....Oh well could have been worse. IT was a great cake I am sure that is what we will be having for breakfast in the morning. Thanks Mae Mae, it is always great to be able to sit around and do a little "girl chat chat" as Bella and Abby call it.

Now both of the girls are asleep right beside me and it is quite. Ahhhhh. Now only to make myself fall asleep.
Good night

4 comments:

Beth said...

The 30's are the best years! Welcome! You don't look a day over 27.

Rachel said...

30 is not old!! Girl Chat Chat - too funny!

Mary Jo said...

Definately agree with Beth....lots of greatness in the thirties! Lots of adventure in mine anyway! :) Love your post! mj

Christy said...

Hi Kerri! Happy belated birthday! Just stumbled across your blog - maybe I'll be able to get to know you better by reading your blog than the occasional visit in the office of the dance studio during the insanity! Thanks for always jumping in to help! Christy