Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh My Never A Dull Moment

This post was originally going to be all about Reid. I guess Abby got wind of it and had a plan to change my plan .
So lets start with Friday:
Morning :
I pick out Bella's clothes she puts on what I give her and is fine. I try to pick out Abby's clothes and it is not fine..it is not fashionable so I decided today I will let her wear what she wants....Than came the sock issue...(Dear GOD help me with this blessing of a child you have given me.) No seams they bother her. See this is why at church you will probably NEVER see her with tights on.

Reid : He was just sitting there wide eyed thinking OMG what kind of family did you give me???

So than we have our doctors appointment. All was well. He weighed 9lbs 8oz and was 22 inches long. He is growing we are so happy. Now the poop issue that I have been obsessing about. I tell the Dr. he than looks at me and says will you believe me if I tell you that it means nothing...I said NO. Because that is not normal poop for a newborn breastfeed baby. His response is: Well whatever keeps your mind active. UGGGG. Oh well so we go home and I have been off Dairy for 12 days now I change his diaper and holy cow we have YELLOW poop. I Knew I was right. So Abby comes home from school with her crown and Reid was sleeping so she so gently placed it on his head so I had to take a picture for his daddy, because I knew he would be so proud. Look at those chubby little legs.

This afternoon I had come home from Beth's shower and I was sitting on the couch feeding Reid and I hear a scream coming from the kitchen (where David was, I might add) I asked did she hit her head he said no I think she just fell on her bottom. He than put his hand on her head and found blood. So it looked like it would need some attention so off to the ER we go with Abby screaming I don't want to go to the hospital. We arrived and she was fine except for the blood and gash in her head. She was fine as long as no one came in the room that resembled a medical person.
They put some numbing cream on her wound and we waited 1 hour for it to soak in and than 4 nurses came in with the nurse practitioner to staple her head. She was absolutely ballistic they had to wrap her in a sheet so she would be still. Now I know that I have been on the other end as a nurse having to hold someones child down. I went to had the nurses Abby and I thought I might loose it there for a second but I had to be brave for her. They asked me if I wanted to step out but I said no I need to be here for her...They asked me several more times. I said NO I am staying in her I am a nurse and I am staying. My poor baby first a broken leg now staples in her head.


Than she asked what hospital I worked at...WHAT...She obviously did not know who I was..Haha. Anyways Abby is fine she has 2 staples in her head. She wanted to see the blood but couldn't see it in the mirror so I took a picture so she could see it. She said I can't believe it I have Staples in my head.









Bella was so worried about her sister I am glad her Nanny came to get her I think she would have been completely traumatized if she would have been there for the staple placement.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my. I'm glad everyone is ok. I'm going to go drink a glass of milk - you jealous? Just kidding.

Lane said...

Oh wow!! Poor baby!! I totally forgot about her leg...for some reason I was thinking it was Bella. I'm glad she is ok!

The Keylors said...

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine Kerri!