Friday, January 16, 2009

My Abby is going to be 4.

Oh my Dear Abby Claire.. You are so special and unique... Your Nanny said that even though sometimes you are a pistol, she wouldn't change any part of your personality.

My favorite thing you have said to me is:
Mom: Abby you are not listening to me very well today.
Abby: Your right mommy I am not a good listener, but I sure am funny.





It is a little sad, my baby girl is going to be 4 tomorrow. She is getting so big. I wasn't a great party planner this year. Lets start:
1. We are going to Chuck E Cheese
2. I wrote out all the invitations, store bought...
3. I lost the invitations
4. I found them, didn't hand them out at church because I forgot.
5. No theme this year, mainly because Abby kept changing her mind.. from a dog and cat party, to Hannah Montana, I think she named everything.
6. I was going to email/call today but I said Forget it...It's too late...NEXT year I am gong to be more prepared for her birthday.
7. Hopefully she will not notice.. It is Chuck E Cheese and it is quite possible it will be crazy.
The last week all she has been able to talk about is the "Party Dress" that she wants for her party. She told my sister that she wanted a pink polka dot sparkly dress that also has stars on it? What where in the world can you get one of those. She told her aunt Darla she wanted a fashion able shirt. Our Friend Traci she told her jeans, My friend Staci she told her she wanted fashionable clothes. A very specific little girl.

So today I went and looked for a "Party Dress" I went to the gap and found this great little sparkle dress. I thought it would be perfect.





Her interpretation how to wear this dress was a little different than mine. She definitely has her own style. As she was trying this lovely outfit on tonight she said mommy, Chuck E Cheese is going to think I am Gorgeous, he might even cry.




I am really hoping we can talk her out of the pink boots and shirt underneath the dress. She has to wear an undershirt everyday. Some days she would like to wear three.



Her sister I can put anything on and she could care less, where as we literally have to argue with Abby on a daily basis.... No you can not wear flip flops it is 5 degrees outside.

This week also Bella got a great new haircut. I absolutely love her new look. She asked if she can keep this hair forever. I wanted so badly to get Abby's hair trimmed before she was 4. I had her convinced she need a trim. She was all gun hoe about it and than it came to Thursday and she said No, mom I really need to wait until after I turn 4.






Here is a picture of Abby today. We tried so desperately for her to take a paci when she was a baby and now at 4 she will take her brothers out of his mouth. Great.




Today I got a great picture of Reid's smile. He is so happy when he is sleeping.




As I am typing this he is finally asleep after a not so happy evening. I kept thinking where did the little boy go that was so smiley earlier. He screams bloody murder after he eats and when he poops. His poop by the way is lime green....not the right color for a breastfeed infant. I have done some research on line and I think he is allergic to milk. So I have cut out all dairy in my diet.....


No milk, no bread, no butter, no CHOCOLATE. We go to the Dr on Friday so we will see what he says. I am sure he will blow me off, because I am a nurse and looked on the Internet.


Another big event happened this week. Our girls currently sleep in the same bed. They wake up every morning saying that they didn't sleep good because the other one kept them up all night snoring. It is never them. Abby is especially HAPPY in the morning like her mother. (NOT) So Abby said since she was almost 4 she was going to start sleeping on the top bunk. We didn't think it would last long. Esp. when Bella said, Abby, I am not ready to not sleep with you, please come back down here. Abby said NO I want to be up here all by myself. Well fast forward 9 hours later and I have 2 very happy girls saying how great they slept, since they were not together. It was a great morning for them to be happy because David went to California and I had to get all three kids ready and out of the house before 7:30 am by myself for the first time.


I guess I need to be done for the night. Since I have to get up early, get Abby's cake, get kids ready. Hopefully David will make it home for her party. It starts at 10 am and he is stuck in Dallas. His day trip to California was a little extended.

2 comments:

Beth said...

ok, I love this post! I can't believe Abby is 4, she looks so big. I love her party dress - do they make that in my size? Also, I love Bella's hair - very chic! Reid is so cute, his smile is precious. Happy Birthday Abby - have fun today!

Mary Jo said...

yeah! Happy Birthday to Abby!
I can't believe it either!!
So funny to read... I so hear you talking!
Let me know what you find out on Reid.